August 19, 2016: Metrolinx has advised the public of fraudulent PRESTO cards being sold through unauthorized websites. Preloaded PRESTO cards are being sold to customers at a discount and upon completion of the sale there is no money on the card.
Customers are reminded to:
- Only purchase PRESTO cards online at prestocard.ca or in person at authorized customer service outlets listed on the PRESTO website.
- Avoid purchasing a PRESTO card from unauthorized retailers, such as online auction websites or members of the general public.
- Register your card online to protect the money in your account in case your card is ever lost or stolen.
- If your PRESTO card is lost or stolen, report it immediately. A registered card can be blocked from use to protect the balance and transfer it to a new card.
- If you suspect fraud, notify your local police.
Customers with questions or concerns related to this matter are directed to contact PRESTO directly at 1-877-378-6123.